Ergonomic computer chair
A good ergonomic computer chair, correctly adjusted and used properly is an essential item for an office environment. It can reduce the risk of stress and injury to muscles and joints and encourage movement.
But, with so many chairs in the market place, what should you be looking for to ensure you get the right ergonomic computer chair? Firstly you need to consider the user, then the type of work being carried out and finally the space in which they are working. At Whitespace we feel that finding the right chair doesn’t always mean spending a huge amount of money; it just means spending it wisely!
Essentially a good ergonomic computer chair should:
- Have adjustable seat height – Human beings come in all shapes and sizes, so it’s important that the height of the seat can be adjusted so that the users’ feet rest comfortably flat on the floor. If this is not possible then a footrest may be required.
- Support the spine – Lower back support is very important. Choose a chair which offers lumbar support, allowing the chair to mould to the natural curve of the spine.
- Have an adjustable backrest – Look for a backrest designed to support the users back in all sitting positions. Adjustable backrests allow users to customise the chair to their own personal preferences.
- Have adjustable armrests– Armrests should support the users’ arms, but not restrict posture or prevent the chair from sliding underneath the desk.
- Provide flexible support – Any ergonomic computer chair should easily rotate so the user can reach different areas on or around their desk without straining or twisting their back.
It is said that nearly 5 million working days a year are lost through back pain – with statistics like this is can be a huge problem for the employer as well as the employee. If you are suffering with your current office computer chair then Whitespace can help. We have access to an extensive range of seating from leading manufacturers and are confident that we can find the right solution to suit your budget and comfort requirements.