Many of us spend the majority of our time at work in a sitting position, so it’s important to make sure your office has the correct office chairs. Sitting on the wrong office chairs for hours on end can have a massive detrimental effect on the workforce.
Comfortable ergonomic office seating, correctly adjusted and used properly are essential for a healthy working environment.
So, where do you start? What should you be looking for when selecting office chairs? Finding the right chair doesn’t always mean spending a huge amount of money; it just means spending it wisely!
Follow our guide and both you and your employees could be sitting comfortably in no time.
Essentially, an office chair should:
- Have adjustable seat height – When seated, your feet should rest flat on the floor and feel comfortable, if this is not possible, then a footrest may be required.
- Have a seat that has a waterfall (curved) front edge – It should comfortably support the thighs and leave no pressure behind the knees. The seat should also be wide enough to cover most hip widths.
- support the spine – Many chairs offer lumbar support, allowing the chair to mould to the natural curve of the spine.
- Have an adjustable backrest – Look for a backrest designed to support the users back in all sitting positions. A typical backrest should support both upper and lower back. Adjustable backrests allow users to customise the chair to their own personal preferences.
- Have armrests with adjustable height and angle – Can be an important factor for user comfort. Armrests should support the users’ arms, but not restrict posture or the ability of the chair to slide under the workstation. Purchasing a chair with adjustable armrests means the chair can be customised to suit individual comfort.
At Whitespace we have access to an extensive range of seating from leading manufacturers, ensuring the right solution will be found to suit your budget and comfort requirements ergonomically.
Whitespace provide modern ergonomic office chairs across Manchester, Lancashire, Bolton, Cheshire, Liverpool, Merseyside, Birmingham, Leeds, Yorkshire, London, Preston, North West, UK