School furniture supplier
A leading school furniture supplier
There are a number of things to consider when choosing school furniture, such as; how old are the students who will be using the furniture? What style of teaching is to be done in the classroom? The size of the room and how many students will be in the class? At Whitespace we understand that choosing the right school furniture can be a daunting task, so we’ve put together some pointers to help you:
- Classroom desks and chairs will be used by hundreds of students over many years; therefore it’s important that the furniture you choose is hard wearing but at the same time comfortable.
- Your furniture should be the right size! Pre-school furniture would be too small for high school students; likewise high school furniture would be too big for pre-school students. It’s important that you take into consideration the age range of the students using the classroom.
- The type of lessons to be held in the classroom is also important. Furniture required in a laboratory would be completely different to that required in an ICT suite. Choosing furniture that fits the student and subject can encourage learning.
- It’s also important to take into account students (or staff) that have disabilities. For example, if wheelchair access is required the desks will need to accommodate this. There also needs to be room to allow students to move around safely.
- In addition to desks and chairs, provision should also be made for storage; somewhere for students and staff to keep personal belongings and class work.
Investing in classroom furniture that meets the needs of the students, teachers and the school can provide real benefits.
For more information see our education case studies.
School furniture supplier Manchester, Lancashire, Bolton, Cheshire, Liverpool, Merseyside, Birmingham, Leeds, Yorkshire, London, Preston, North West, UK.